March 26, 2020
The global Coronavirus pandemic COVID-19 is affecting all of our families, businesses, communities, and our day-to-day activities at home and at work. Our focus at DWC Construction continues to be on providing excellent customer service while balancing the well-being of our work family to minimize the continued spread of this virus. We are fortunate that no DWC employee or family member has tested positive at this point in time, and we remain vigilant in taking all precautions available.
In addition to following government mandates, we have taken other pro-active steps within our facilities and job sites that include:
1. Having sanitizer stations readily available throughout our facilities and job sites.
2. Increasing sanitation in common areas for our office, handrails, doorknobs, etc. in all locations.
3. Educating and encouraging proper hygiene practices and social distancing for all employees in the offices and in the field.
4. Eliminating all travel unless it is a customer emergency. Utilizing Skype, Zoom and other remote technologies to more efficiently conduct our business.
5. Denying visitors other than scheduled service individuals’ access into our corporate building.
6. Encouraging employees to work from home, particularly those with “high risk” profiles.
7. Prohibiting group meetings larger than 10.
We have implemented additional directives to the field leadership to mitigate the spread of the disease to further protect your sites. Our field Superintendents are staying current with recommended procedures, and how these translate to our job site locations. We are working closely with other business partners and subcontractors to ensure proper protocols are being practiced by their teams as well.
In the face of these uncertain circumstances, we at DWC view this as an opportunity to enhance the methods for the delivery of our services and challenge the status quo of traditional techniques our industry has embedded over time. We accept this opportunity to improve while maintaining our core values of safety, customer service and taking solutions further. We have succeeded through difficult times in the past and are confident our partnership will grow stronger as we face this challenge together.
As always, we are on standby to meet any needs that you may have. Thank you for your business and continued trust in DWC Construction!